DARLINGTON APPLE FESTIVAL POLICies
Festival Guidelines and Policies
1. It is the goal of the Apple Festival and the community that the Darlington Apple Festival maintains a wholesome, family-oriented, rural, small town atmosphere.
2. The Darlington Apple Festival is held on the first Saturday in October from 10AM to 5PM, rain or shine, unless unpreventable circumstances prevail.
3. Vendors cancelling for any reason forfeit their space allotment for the following year.
4. Alcohol is not allowed to be sold or consumed on the festival grounds and smoking is not permitted on school property.
5. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with a family environment; please, no profanity.
6. No pets are allowed on festival grounds. Service animals and approved public service animals are the only animals allowed on festival grounds.
7. We do not allow political or religious solicitations on festival grounds. Politicians, clergy, etc. must remain in their booths and must keep their agendas quiet. The public service spaces allotted to these groups are for service purposes, not political purposes; our patrons do not want this information on this day.
8. Flyers are allowed on tables but no flyers shall be handed out to festival patrons. Vendors shall solicit business from inside their booths only.
9. Set up begins the Friday before the festival, after 5:00PM, to accommodate local residents. There is no security over night and vendors set up on Friday at their own risk. The Darlington Apple Festival and its committee will not be responsible for damage or loss due to setting up on Friday.
10. On the morning of the festival, Shuresville Road will be one-way eastbound. You must enter from Main St. (Rte 161) at the Country Store to set up.
11. Shuresville Road will be closed at 8:00AM. Any vendor arriving after that time will not be allowed to enter the festival grounds. All vehicles must be off festival grounds no later than 8:00AM.
12. Vendors must display a valid parking pass to park in our free designated parking lots.
13. Limited vendor parking is available and fills up fast. Vendors will have to pay for parking in paid lots at this time. The Darlington Apple Festival will not be responsible for providing additional permit parking once this happens.
14. Handicap parking is located behind the Darlington Elementary School. A valid Handicap permit must be displayed to park in this lot. This is a paid lot.
15. Vendors must be in compliance with all application and permit requirements.
16. Vendors must have current liability insurance and a valid tax Id number.
17. Vendors must submit an application to participate in the festival which is then reviewed and approved by the Darlington Apple Festival Committee. The Committee reserves the right to deny any application.
18. The paved surface of Shuresville Road must be kept clear at all times. No vendor may place items in this area at any time.
19. The emergency egress areas must be kept clear at all times. No vendor may place items in these areas at any time.
20. Vendors may not break down nor leave the festival before 5:00PM. No vehicles may be brought onto festival grounds until 5:15PM. This safety issue will be enforced by festival staff and our security detail if necessary.
21. At the end of the day and close of the festival, Shuresville Road will be opened and will be one-way westbound, towards Main Street (Rte 161). Traffic control will be at Main Street and at the Silver Park entrance.
22. Space allotments are made by the Darlington Apple Festival committee. Space size is approximately 10' X 10', depending on the lay of the land. Each vendor must pay a non-refundable fee per 10' X 10' space in order to participate in the festival.
23. The deadline for returning vendors to claim their previous space is May 1: after this deadline spaces will be opened up to new vendors and be filled as needed.
24. We accept cash, checks, or money orders for application fees.
25. All vendors selling a product must provide a current tax Id number or tax exemption on their application. All products available must be listed on the application, including give-aways.
26. Raffles must be approved by the Apple Festival committee.
27. Vendors selling food must submit a Harford County Health Department Food Permit and a Maryland Retail Sales Tax Number or Tax Exemption Number. All food vendors must be prepared for Harford County Food Department Inspections and Electrical Inspections by 7:30AM. NO EXCEPTIONS!
28. All Food Vendors must have a local non-profit sponsor and display a sign with the local sponsor's name on the day of the festival.
29. All Food Vendors must accept food vouchers given to our volunteers by the Apple Festival committee. Food vouchers can be reimbursed at the t-shirt booth on the afternoon of the festival, by mail, or at our wrap up meeting the second Tuesday of October.
30. We reserve the right to remove any person from the festival grounds.
31. We reserve the right to seek reimbursement for damages to the festival grounds caused by others for which we have to pay.
32. We reserve the right to modify our Festival Policy without prior notification.
33. We reserve the right to pursue all legal and equitable remedies that are available to us against any person who violates our Festival Policy.
34. If any festival attendees, vendors or suppliers of goods and services to the festival file a lawsuit against Darlington Apple Festival, Inc. it is agreed that the lawsuit shall be adjudicated in Harford County, Maryland, and be bound by the laws of the state of Maryland.
Shuttle Bus Policy
1. Only Darlington Apple Festival parking patrons are allowed to board our shuttle buses.
2. We reserve the right to deny any person access to our shuttle buses.
3. We reserve the right to refuse transportation to any person deemed unsafe or unsuitable for travel.
4. We only allow service animals accompanied by a disabled person to board our shuttle buses.
5. We reserve the right to refuse transportation to any person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
6. We do not provide child seats.
7. No weapons or firearms are allowed on our shuttle buses.
8. Smoking is not allowed on our shuttle buses.
9. We assume no responsibility for the handling or maintenance of any baggage, parcels or property brought on the shuttle buses.
10. We have no control over the road, traffic or weather conditions.
11. We reserve the right to refuse transportation to any person who is objectionable or if the driver feels threatened.
12. Prohibited items include acids, ammunition, non‐service animals, combustible liquids, compressed gases, oxygen tanks, explosives, fireworks and hazardous materials.
13. Passengers under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
14. We reserve the right to change or modify the Shuttle Bus Policy without prior notification.
15. The parking patrons and shuttle bus riders shall agree that if they file a lawsuit against Darlington Apple Festival, Inc. pertaining to our shuttle buses, the lawsuit shall be adjudicated in Harford County, Maryland and be bound by the laws of the state of Maryland.
16. We reserve the right to pursue all legal and equitable remedies that are available to us against any person who violates our Shuttle Bus Policy.